Skip To Content

Signing Up for Services

About the services that City of Escalon provides:
The City provides water, sewer, garbage and green waste services. All residents within the City limits are required to sign up for all services.

Sign up for city services at:
City Hall
2060 McHenry Ave.
Escalon, CA 95320

To start an account, you will need to bring a completed Utility Application, a copy of the drivers license for all listed account holders, proof of ownership if you are a new owner or your rental agreement if you are a renter, and a $200 deposit (Cash, Check or Credit Cards).  For more information, e-mail the Utility Department at [email protected], call (209) 691-7423 or view the 2022 Service Guide.

Note: Water, sewer, garbage, and green waste services are included in one bill. Bills are sent out the 1st of each odd month and are due 7 days after mailing. Our billings are in arrears, which means the bill includes charges for the previous 2 months.

Want to go Green?! Start receiving your bill by email. Just complete the Email Utility Bill Form and drop it in the mail,the drop box, email [email protected],  or fax it to (209) 691-7409.

A $200 deposit is required at the time service is setup for all residents (cash, check or credit card). The deposit shall be applied to the bill once the service has had 12 months of no late penalties or return check charges or to the final closing bill. If the deposit is applied to the closing bill, and a credit of $5 or more remains, a refund check will be issued. The deposit will not earn interest. In lieu of the deposit, you may provide a payment reference letter from another utility company that shows at least 1 year of service, with no late fees or shut offs in the past 12 months.

Proof of Occupancy
In order to verify that you are allowed to sign up for service, we require you to provide proof of occupancy. In the case of a new owner, it would be a title document or some other document that shows the close of escrow date, your name and the address in question. In the case of a renter, it would be a copy of your rental agreement or a notarized letter from your landlord stating you are renting the property and allowed to put the utility services in your name.

Preauthorized Payment Service
The Preauthorized Payment Service lets you pay your City of Escalon utility bill automatically and on time. Sign up for Preauthorized Payment Service and your payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. You will continue to receive your monthly billing statement so you can review it and contact us with any questions you may have before your payment is made. Applications are available below, at City Hall, or request one to be mailed to you by calling (209) 691-7423. Mail or bring in your application with a voided check. Preauthorized Payment Service Application. Please note, when signing up for preauthorized payments it will apply to any future bills, if you have a current balance due it will need to be paid by with cash, check, or money order.

Contact Info

(209) 691-7423